Labor and Postpartum
It matters how women give birth. It matters how they begin the adventure as new mothers. It matters how partners and families embrace the process and grow into their new roles. It matters how babies are welcomed into the world!
Whether this is your first child, or you’re a seasoned pro, doula services can enhance your experience of birthing, self care and newborn care. My goal is to provide you with the support and encouragement you need to find meaning and personal fulfillment as you transition through the most important moments of your life.
“Childbirth is an experience in a woman's life that holds the power to transform her forever. Passing through these powerful gates - in her own way - remembering all the generations of women who walk with her.... She is never alone.” ~ Suzanne Arms
My Services Include...
Pregnancy and Birth Support:
• Prenatal meetings – We meet in person twice during your pregnancy. I’m available for phone calls, texts and email conversations to answer questions, provide encouragement and discuss the changes in your pregnancy.
• I provide education and resources to support your birth preferences, as well as coaching in you in ways that will assist you in empowering yourself to self-advocate.
• During labor – I offer continuous physical, emotional and informational support, no matter the length of time you’re in labor.
• Breastfeeding assistance – I remain after the birth to help you get started with nursing.
• Immediate postpartum – I’ll remain with you until you’re settled comfortably with your new baby.
• Follow up – I’ll visit you one to two weeks after your birth. As always, I’m available to talk if you have questions or concerns prior to our follow up meeting.
• Breastfeeding – Breast care education, as well as guidance for feeding your newborn.
• Infant care and bonding – The basics of caring for the physical and emotional needs of your baby.
• Hands on and self care – I offer light, relaxing massage, as well as helping you to find ways to care for yourself in the weeks after birth.
• Household help – Meal preparation and light house cleaning so that you can focus on parenting.
• Errands and appointments – I’m happy to help you by shopping, and will attend appointments with you and your baby.
Mother Creek Haven
For more information on the role of doulas before, during and after birth...
Why you need doula support -- helpful information for making the best choices in pregnancy, birth and postpartum...